'Teen Talks' : Fertility Awareness & Responsibility
'Teen Talks' - Fertility Awareness & Responsibility' Programme
From Nest Consulting :
Are you looking for a holistic, thought provoking, informative & empowering sexuality, fertility & sexual responsibility programme for teen girls/boys?
Your preferred provider for Auckland & the North Island (also available for Youth Groups). Now NZ-wide!
The 'Teen Talks' - Fertility Awareness & Responsibility Programme is offered to teenagers (girls / boys in Yr 10 - Yr 13).
This programme begins with a Parents Evening (75 mins).
The programme is outlined below however can be tailored to the needs/requirements of each group. Topics can be included or excluded.The Educator does not give opinions or favour any choices offered. It is a safe, sensitive and factual programme.
The 'Teen Talks' - Fertility Awareness & Responsibility! is a holistic programme designed to provide accurate, up to date information for personal development, informed choices & good decision making. It is thought provoking and empowering.
This programme covers the following & more. It is a pick and mix programme designed to be individualised for each school/group. If a mixed school boys and girls will be taught at times separately and at times together throughout the day.
- Fertility awareness: an understanding of the reproductive systems. (the menstrual cycle; its relationship to fertility & a woman's normal cyclical symptoms).
- Fertility decline and pre-conceptual importance
- Your amazing body :)
- Overview of reproductive anatomy
- Fertility/Sexual Health & Responsibility
- Hormones & Fertility
- Ovulation & Fertilisation : Combined male/female fertility patterns
- PMS (see article here)
- Personal values and sexual relationship for the future
- Discussion as to what a healthy relationship is
- 'Taking care of me' Gynae exam / Breast exam information for girls / Testicular exam information for boys
- Implications of teenage pregnancy
- Making informed decisions, 'What's on the market?': Factual information about all Family Planning/Contraception (% Effectiveness / How they work (mechanics) / Side Effects):
- Natural Family Planning (charting) Natural Family Planning (Sympyto-Thermal Method, Lactational Amenorrhoea Method & Billings)
- Long term Hormonal Methods (Depo Provera, Implanon, etc)
- The Pill (Combined & Mini, 21 & 28 day)
- Vaginal Ring
- Female Condom
- The Sponge
- Withdrawal & other ineffective options
- Tubal Ligation
- Future ideas!
- The Emergency 'Contraception' (Pill & IUD)
- STIs : What are they, how to avoid, testing, what to do if diagnosed
- The meaning & understanding of 'consent'
- Sexuality, gender, diversity and acceptance
- Media Awareness & Responsibility: Issues such as internet porn, responsible communication (Text, FB, Twitter, Snap Chat, AskFM etc) & identity safety. Discussion about sexting dangers.
- Dangers/Effects of pornography: discussion and evidence.
- Always finishing with 'Confidence, Empowerment and Body Wonderment'.
The programme is a mixture of PowerPoint, DVD clips, discussion, group activity and presentation dependent on class size and time allowed.
Parents Evening available if required: Permission forms & take home literature supplied.
Dependent on preference: actual contraceptive sample items or pictures of items are utilised throughout.
If discussing 'Implications of birthing and raising a child' Egg care activity.
"An informative lesson for our Year 10 girls based at just the right level to have them engaged and responding. Excellent work and we will see you next year!" DP Central Auckland Catholic Girls School
"My class learnt about types of contraception and how they work. We also found out about what our body is telling us naturally. It was really fascinating and made us think. I particularly enjoyed seeing the video clips and the womens health care items you brought in. Thank you from the class." Yr 11 Student
"An excellent class covering many important aspects. Pitched perfectly for our Year 10's; they were involved, focused and able to take away valuable information. We have already booked for next year!" Pastoral Care Coordinator. Pinehurst College