'Cycle Smarter!' Programme
from Nest Consulting :
Are you looking for an Programme to empower girls, increase their self awareness, develop an understanding of what their body is telling them & explain why it's important to listen to it? This programme can be run including female caregivers (Mother, Aunt, GrandMother etc), designed to strengthen relationships and understanding.
Your prefered provider for in-school education (also available for youth groups). Now NZ-wide!
Cycle Smarter is a short programme enabling girls (and their female caregiver if desired) to understand the changes at puberty, menarche and, if delivered to older girls, the value of fertility awareness. It is suitable for girls in Yr 5 - Yr 13 and content is adjusted to suit age groups. The programme is about acheiving an understanding of body, emotion and mind pubertal changes, the reproductive systems, the menstrual cycle, fertility with its relationship to the menstrual cycle & a girl's normal cyclical symptoms as well as gaining skills and accessing resources. When including a female caregiver (Mother, Aunt, GrandMother etc) stories and experiences can be shared and celebrated.
- Your amazing body :)
- Physical / Emotional / Psychological / Sociological elements of puberty & change including emotional intelligence
- Overview of reproductive anatomy
- Menstruation & Products (incl. organic options, disposable pads, washable pads, tampons, internal cups, washable undies)
- Irregular cycles / Anovulation / Pain with solutions
- Dependent on group / age: Natural fertility signs (mucus, sensation, temperature & cervical position)
- PMS (see article here)
- Dependent on group / age: Assessing gynaecological & fertility health (including information about Endometriosis / PCOS)
- Dependent on group / age: Charting or recording cycles (incl. apps)
- Knowledge and understanding whilst addressing fears & correcting myths
- Providing an excellent tool to assist girls/women of all ages in assessing their gynaecological and fertility health (age appropriate information given)
- Understanding & dealing with effects of changing hormones
- Awareness of the observation of fertility signs that all females experience during their menstrual cycles (age appropriate information given)
- Empowerment & informed choices.
- Self esteem.
- Good body image
This Programme can be delivered during or after class time or after school (~2 hrs)
Maximum number of girls per class = ~50